About our terms
At Rupie, we care about a fair and balanced approach to working together. One that keeps studios and talent accountable, while providing a flexible approach to work and data collection that has you in mind. If you have any questions about our TOS, don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com for help.
- Users are any person, team, or organization that uses Rupie as a software platform or has an account with Rupie.
- Talent are Users that provide work services to Job Providers through Rupie.
- Job Providers are Users that provide work for Talent to complete.
By accessing the website at rupie.io you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Rupie's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Rupie's website; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Rupie at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Rupie's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Rupie makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Rupie does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Rupie, it's affiliates, directors, agents, employees, officers and/or their licensors be liable for any damages of any kind (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Rupie's website or use of Rupie's platform and services. Even if Rupie or a Rupie authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Rupie's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Rupie does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Rupie may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, Rupie does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Rupie has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Rupie of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Rupie may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
9. Contractor Payments
Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: Talent hereby appoints Rupie as Talent's limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Job Provider, and remitting those payments to Talent. Talent agrees that payment from Job Provider to Rupie shall be considered the same as payment made directly to Talent. Job Provider's payment obligation to Talent will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Rupie (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Rupie (via its Payment Services Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Talent in the manner described in these Terms of Service. In the event that Rupie (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Talent, the Talent will have recourse only against Rupie and not the Job Provider directly. Talent agrees that Rupie may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to the Job Provider that Rupie may deem necessary or prudent.
10. Community Guidelines
At Rupie, we care about creating a safe place to work and play. Because of this, we don't tolerate abusive, hateful or harassing behavior. Things that will get your content deleted and your account banned:
- Harassment, including but not limited to: bullying, stalking, telling people to hurt themselves.
- Unwarranted sexual advancement
- Posting other people's personal information without permission
- Hateful conduct, including but not limited to: speech or content against other user's Race, ethnicity, or national origin, Religion, Age, Sexual Orientation, Physical Characteristics or Sex, Gender, or Gender Identity. Be nice and try to foster a friendly ecosystem.
11. Work Rules
- Users agree that at any time, Rupie has the right to terminate or disable your account for breaking the TOS.
- Users agree that disabled or terminated accounts cannot continue to use Rupie as a platform.
- Users agree that continuing to use Rupie after this TOS has been updated, will result in automatically accepting and acknowledging the TOS changes.
- Users agree that funds may be paused or frozen under Rupie's discretion if fraud or illegal activities are suspected.
- Users agree that data may be collected to help improve Rupie as a platform, including but not limited to: navigation data, work data, payment data, profile data and behavior data.
- Users agree to all Rupie fees arising from transacting on Rupie, including but not limited to Rupie's commission on each job done, extra taxes and payment processor fees.
- Talent agrees all payments will go out on a 7 day recurring period, but delays may be caused by differences in region, bank institution or otherwise.
- Talent agrees that all disputes will be handled through the Rupie resolution channels.
- Talent agrees that all communication between them and any Rupie Job Provider will be done on Rupie through Rupie's work interface, and understand that Rupie has the right to terminate their account for breaking this agreement.
- Talent agrees that Rupie is not liable for any damages, claims or incidents arising from working with Job Providers on Rupie.
13. Job Providers
- Non-Solicitation of Talent During the Job Provider's period of service and for a period of three (3) months after the date of the Participant's Termination of their Rupie Account, the Participant shall not directly or indirectly through any other Person influence or attempt to influence talent, customers, vendors, suppliers, licensors, lessors, joint venturers, ceding companies, associates, consultants, agents, or partners of Rupie to divert their business away from Rupie, to hire them or recruit them outside the scope of using the Rupie platform to do so, and the Participant will not otherwise interfere with, disrupt or attempt to disrupt the business relationships, contractual or otherwise, between Rupie, on the one hand, and any of their talent, customers, suppliers, vendors, lessors, licensors, joint venturers, associates, officers, employees, consultants, managers, partners, members or investors, on the other hand.
- Job Providers agree that a job may be removed at any time for violating Rupie's code of conduct, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or for any other reason Rupie deems necessary.
- Job Providers agree to comply with all tax regulations and requirements depending on their location and its governing law.
- Job Providers agree with Rupie's refund policy and agree to go through the proper resolution channels provided by Rupie for disputes.
- Job Providers agree that Rupie is not liable for any damages, claims or incidents arising from working with Talent on Rupie.
- Job Providers agree that all communication between them and any Rupie Talent will be done on Rupie through Rupie's work interface, and understand that Rupie has the right to terminate their account for breaking this agreement.
14. Disputes and Resolution
- Disputes are to be handled through Rupie's “Intercom” button located on the button right of the web-page, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order cancellations can be handled through the same Resolution process outlined above.
- Completed orders that have been transacted can be refunded under Rupie's discretion, but may not always qualify for a refund.
- Rupie reserves the right to cancel any order at any time deemed against this TOS or under any other discretionary judgment. Outstanding or partial payments are refunds are honored through Rupie's Contractor Payments and Refunds sections, respectively.
- Refunds issued may take up to 15 days to complete, and may vary depending on currency conversion, fees rendered, and other reasons. Thus refunded amounts may be less than the originally transacted amount.
- Talent is expected to track their own finances and money made through Rupie and are expected to pay taxes based on locale and region.
- Talent will be issued a form 1099-K if Talent makes over $20,000 on Rupie and is deemed a "US Person" by the IRS.
- Talent will not be issued a 1099-MISC from Rupie.